Notify
Tools

Humbles by the mighty dove!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted

I am right now in Vic falls.

My dream buffalo hunt was cancelled and i came along to use my tickets. I did a day's dove hunting about 2 hours north of Joburg & had great fun. that young kid hot better than me!

great South African hospitality a social occasion with andre, his GF, friend & on, a cousin & 4 other kids including a girl of about 7 or 8! Brai in the field for lunch etc.

I fired about 200 rounds and hot about 25 birds! The kid shot about 15 birds from 40 shots or so!

I was using a Beretta Victorio SXS hammer gun made in 1939. Andre bought it off a guy whose grandfather took it as WW2 booty from an Italian baron's manor!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Obviously, you and I share shooting prowess this year Wink Good news is...I'll bet dinner around the braai was excellent Smiler

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Flighting pigeon and dove has to be some of the best wing shooting that there is! Small, fast and arial in the extreme. Pheasant and even partridge pale by comparison imo.

Well done on what you got and great to see the next generation out there shooting (so well!)

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote