Find
Notify
Tools

Son's first outing
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted
Against mothers approval I snuck my son Jaden out for some quick duck hunting after school. I only killed one duck but as you can see, I don't think it bothered him too bad. My wife was worried that it would scare him for life if he watched something die. Well he jumped up and down in excitement from the time it hit the water until my springer "Spirit" delivered it. He wanted to stay but I told him we would leave it at one for now until we found out how mom would react.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Laner
posted Hide Post
Great pic. How old is your boy?

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

Posts: 99 | Location: Hays, Kansas | Registered: 02 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

NB,

Way to go, pal. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you & your son had a great outing!

I can relate a story that went almost exactly like yours about 25 years ago; with my Ex-wife, except it was Dove Shooting, not Ducks.

My son & I now go hunting together every chance we get.

My father wasn't such a big outdoorsman, he went hunting & fishing occaisionally, more for the commradery than anything else. I wish he would have been as avid as myself & my son.....

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Nice on the outing and your son looks as happy as a clam. If that's a mergie I just hope you didn't make the boy eat any, as it'd likely turn him off hunting right quick. Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote