THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Recommended Phasant Hunting Outfitter - Any Suggestions?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommended Phasant Hunting Outfitter - Any Suggestions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I didn't draw many tags this year - just one short hunt. I'm thinking about hiring a outfitter for a first-rate pheasant hunt, and I'd like to hunt in either Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, or the Dakotas.

Does anyone have some recommended pheasant hunts in these states? I want to hunt WILD birds, not planted birds.

Thanks ahead of time for any recommendations!

Regards, AIU

<BWN300MAG>
posted
Forget the outfitter and go to Kansas, around the town of Greensburg. They have public hunting areas (CRP fields) and it is no problem to bag a limit a day.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a google search of "pheasants north dakota" and you will find quite a few places that cater to those who hunt wild birds.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Go to huntfind.com and look up Legrand Hunt in South Dakota under the Guides and Outfitters section. I highly recommend them. Tell them Josh sent you from Minnesota.

posted Hide Post
Look up Paul Harrington in Esbon, KS. Truly 1st rate man and a hell of a guide to boot! But be forewarned, if you ain't in shape he'll get ya that way in a hurry. I hunted with him year before last; group was myself, my pops, his lawyer, his lawyers pop, and a close friend of the lawyer. We all got some great shooting, pictures, food Emeril would be proud to serve at his house, and memories I wouldn't trade for all the tea in China!! I'll try to get the address for ya. You wouldn't be disappointed. Oh yeah, we also flushed two coveys of quail!(NOW THAT I REALLY LIKE)