THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Baja California Quail Banner Year

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baja California Quail Banner Year
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just returned from a two day California Quail hunt at Rancho Coyote Baja California. Favorable winter and spring rain made for a triple hatch and the birds were found everywhere. We stay at the ranch where they house you in cabins and feed you family style in the ranch dinning area. I have hunted this area for nearly forty years and this is one to remember. Coveys ranged in size with most being 100-500 birds. We didn't stop for the smaller groups. Very sporting shooting on the desert hillsides and edges of farms. Cost of the license (Sentilla) is $120. Hunting guide $100 per day. Lodging and food $60 per day. Guns and ammo can be reserved at the ranch for a nominal fee. I import my own (2) for $300 and can bring 200 rounds of ammo with them. The better your conditioning the better the hunt. Even with the thousands of quail, these birds are not a push over. Afredo and Esteban Meling have turned over most of the hunting to their son and nephew. Great experience for the avid bird hunter. Beautiful setting in mountains of Baja. Mountain quail can be hunted later in the season with different permits. This is a hunt where you bag only a very small handful of these trophy birds.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Best wild quail shooting you will ever experience. Very reasonable too!

This is a pic from Lowell's recent trip.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Just returned from a great quail hunt in Tecate B.C. You are correct, it’s the best I’ve seen in 7 years.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote