THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Travel Insurance for South America

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel Insurance for South America
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Going to Guayascate in Argentina with my wife and another couple in November. My wife just got on Medicare and I will be on a temp medical insurance policy as I turn 65 in December (I retired last year). On all my Africa trips I always had Global Rescue or Ripcord. This is my fifth trip to South America and my wife's second. On our previous trips we didn't worry much as our medical insurance "traveled" with us. Medicare doesn't. For those of you that are of "Medicare age" that go to South America-do you just get a travel insurance plan or do you feel the need for a plan like Ripcord? Thanks.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Global_Rescue
posted Hide Post
DRJ -

That is a great question. It is important to review the medical assistance and evacuation policies within any typical insurance program before traveling. Often times policies will require the individual to arrange transportation themselves from their point of injury to a local clinic or hospital. Only at that time if the facility cannot treat you, will they bring you to the nearest appropriate facility - rarely your home hospital of choice. We would strongly recommend an evacuation membership to assure the best medical access for you and your wife while traveling.

Global Rescue and IMG have created one of the industry’s most complete travel insurance products, integrating Global Rescue’s advisory and evacuation services with the financial protection of a comprehensive travel insurance program. When paired with a Global Rescue membership, Signature Travel Insurance guarantees that a trip abroad is covered no matter what happens.

Highlights:

• Trip cancellation insured up to $100,000
• Trip interruption insured up to 150% of trip cost insured
• Up to $2,500 for lost luggage/baggage delay
• $100,000 emergency medical/dental coverage
• $100,000 common carrier AD&D coverage
• Up to $2,500 for sports equipment rental
• Cancel-for-any-reason coverage 75% of trip cost
• Interrupt-for-any-reason coverage 75% of trip cost

Signature Travel Insurance policies start at just $20, and are priced on a trip-by-trip basis depending on the duration and total cost of your trip.

We would be more than happy to contact you and provide you with a travel insurance quote when you have your trip details available.

Thanks,
The Global Rescue Team