THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Argentina Doves - Part 2 (Fast Flying Targets - Pics)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina Doves - Part 2 (Fast Flying Targets - Pics)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
Some pictures I took in Argentina last month at very high speed shutter timing. Doves are very very challenging when it comes to taking their pics in air because, one, they are really small and, two, they fly really fast.

Please stay tuned for additional pictures from our annual Argentina DOve Hunt. Feel free to get in touch with me if you are thinking about going to Argentina for high volume dove shooting.

This is one of my favorite pic because you can see the 7 1/2 shot from the 20 gauge all around the bird. Had these been size #4 shot or B or BB out of a 20 gauge they would have looked like cannon balls.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
AWESOME PICS!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Eeker Eeker Eeker

I'm speachless.

Thanks for sharing

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
AWESOME PICS!

+1
Wow

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
Those are some amazing photos!

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could you enlighten us on the equipment you used for those fantastic photos please?

Posts: 11992 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
larryshores,
All of my cemeras and lenses are Canon. Nikons make fine equipment as well but I have way too much invested in Canons. If you are thinking about getting a camera for nature photography then any of the single digits Canon will do just fine EOS 1, EOS 5, EOS 7). For lenses stay with telephoto zoom L type with Image Stabilization. Starting setup will run around 5K to 7K and also a powerful Apple iMAC for post processing add another 3K.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great stuff. Were you pulling the trigger & clicking the shutter at the same time? Big Grin

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Nakihunter,
I was shooting with the camera that day Big Grin Not sure how many hundreds of pics I took just to get these few impact shots.