THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    The best Duck Gun on the market...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The best Duck Gun on the market...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted
Ok fellas, I need assistance. I've got 2 duck hunting trips for this year and I'm in the market for a new weapon because I can finally afford it.

For years I've hunted with a Browning Gold Series Semi Auto 12 gauge with the gas operated recoil.

So for all you hard core duck hunters who like a gun that operates in severe conditions... what is youir poison?

Posts: 177 | Location: Savannah, GA | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
You can not go wrong with a beretta or a benelli IMHO.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most guys will tell you to get an Benelli Super Black Eagle and really they are terrific guns.

If you don't want an auto loader I would get (and I use) a Benelli Nova pump. They are flat reliable in every situation, easy to handle and fit most pretty well. Most waterfowl hunts are hard on guns and the Nova just takes whatever comes its way.

My two cents...

Posts: 122 | Location: Zionsville, IN | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a shotty gun - especially a waterfowl one required 2 barrels, preferable in a SxS configuration. Anything less would be - well - uncivilized stir Smiler Big Grin clap

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
Beretta, I have 302's, 303's and the new 3901 and they just keep functioning no matter the conditions.

I have no need for 3 1/2 " shells so the above work for me Big Grin

And Berettas extended factory choke tubes pattern very well with my steel and Hevi-Shot loads.

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkyJacker:
Ok fellas, I need assistance. I've got 2 duck hunting trips for this year and I'm in the market for a new weapon because I can finally afford it.

For years I've hunted with a Browning Gold Series Semi Auto 12 gauge with the gas operated recoil.

What is lacking in what you have?

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted Hide Post
quote:

What is lacking in what you have?

Good question. Absolutely nothing. I'm just at one of those periods where I can afford to get a new toy, and this seems to be it. The Benelli and the Beretta Xtrema are really awesome looking weapons.

The Beretta has a rubber inlaid grip and seems much more durable than my Browning. My Browning is an all around shotgun. I was thinking of getting something strictly for waterfowling.

Posts: 177 | Location: Savannah, GA | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington 870.

FIre Support Team

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I brought a Benelli Super M1 90 used last year in 24 in camo old style camo made in 01. It is my go to gun now when I don't want to take one of my wood blued steel doubles. over and unders out in the crap.

Or when I want to shoot steel or tungsten shells.

( My son kind of took over my Rem 870)

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
Look at the Benelli SBE II with the Comfortech system. This is THE BEST auto loader I have owned. I really like mine and have not had a failure with it yet!

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I shoot the sbe 1 but I think the citori 3.5in in the mat finnish is the tits for high class duck murder

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
a shotty gun - especially a waterfowl one required 2 barrels, preferable in a SxS configuration. Anything less would be - well - uncivilized stir Smiler Big Grin clap

I want to see you break open a O/U in the duck blinds I hunt in. Very slim chance without having to move your gun around and piss off everyone in the duck blind. A SXS would work great, but an O/U just opens to wide.

I just bought an SBE II and have fallen in love shooting it.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Iuse a browning silver camo with excellent results never ,never has a malfunction .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6367 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Remy 870 express super magnum 26" and I must say that I love that shotgun... for 238 @ wally world it simply cannot be beat.. although shooting the 3 1/2"er's is not fun, Im saving those for Turkey and Geese..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunt with a couple of friends that shoot semis.I have an 870.I have never felt handicapped in any way.Mine might have more recoil but when shooting at birds I have never felt it.

Posts: 66 | Location: manchester md | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote