Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona Quail.....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ryan
posted
Heading down to Arizona for Mearns this year. I'd like to try and fine a few scalies while I am there... Does anyone know of any scalies around the patagonia area?

Ryan

Ryan.Miller@rsmiller.net
www.rsmiller.net

Posts: 81 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Head down to southeastern CO and you'll find plenty of blues running around down there near Campo, etc. I hunt around Keyes, OK and we take our fair share.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Call the Arizona Game & Fish office in Tucson.
520 628-5376.
See if they will direct you to Kurt Bahti the WM who lives in Patagonia. He'd know.
Wink

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will be hunting my "backyard" down that way.. I hunt Mearns religously in the winter.. that area will have plenty of Mearns and you might even run into a covey or 2 of Gambels, but Scalies wont be in that exact area.. But you wont be too far off from some Scalie action!! Go east from Sonoita and you'll find good Scalie country.. Maybe 30-40 min from the Patagonia area! Good luck and hopefully you'll find a covey or two!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ryan
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas. I have hunted the Patagonia area a couple times but it has been 4 years and it was only for mearns. I'd like to add a few scalies....

How have the rains been this year in AZ?????

Ryan

Ryan.Miller@rsmiller.net
www.rsmiller.net

Posts: 81 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I have been told there's some good bird hunting around Wilcox, in SE AZ. Does anyone know about this area?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote