THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Argentina Duck hunting question

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina Duck hunting question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just booked a hunt for June of next year. I was wondering for those that have gone, are waders madatory or could hip boots suffice? Not looking forward to carrying waders all the way down there. Anyone have recomendations on a light pair that would be good for checked baggage?

NoCAL

Posts: 167 | Location: Woodland, CA USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your outfitter is the best one to ask. In Argentina we were told to bring chest waders and in fact we needed them. In Uruguay, we were told that hip boots were all that was needed, and that too turned out to be correct.

Ask your outfitter.

BTW....when you return to the States, they'll make you unpack your waders and hip boots so they can be treated. Unpacking and repacking waders and hip boots at the customs station is one pain in the ass.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been the last 8 years with Argentina Outfitters. My definite answer is that it depends.

All joking aside, it directly depends on where you are shooting and the water levels. For the most part, I have found that we needed some type of wader or hip boot. There are a few places where one would never get wet unless they wanted to do so. One year my luggage was lost and I shot wearing crocodile shoes and street clothes. It must have been comical.

Personally, I have stayed away from the hip boots. While they are fine for the most part. However, should you need to kneel down or sit down, you can get a wet rear end.

I would speak with the outfitter.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote