New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huns in Montana?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any recommendations for where to go for huns in Montana or No. Dakota for that matter? Went to Saskatchuan 3 years ago and had a blast, but don't want to drive that far again.

Posts: 427 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use Lewistown Mt. as your base camp.. Then focus your attention northwest and northeast of town.. Get yourself some BLM maps for that area, lots of ranches open to bird hunting.. Good numbers of Sharpies in the area also..

Posts: 66 | Location: North Central Wisconsin | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on Lewistown.

tu2

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Safari Room:
Use Lewistown Mt. as your base camp.. Then focus your attention northwest and northeast of town.. Get yourself some BLM maps for that area, lots of ranches open to bird hunting.. Good numbers of Sharpies in the area also..

Nice mounts shooting huns is a good time. I am up in Hayward were in wis are you.

Posts: 19621 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Medford Wisconsin..

Check out us at the website link below..

Posts: 66 | Location: North Central Wisconsin | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Diggin' those mounts. I see huns up around Malta but they're few and far between compared to pheasants and sharpies.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give a holler as to when you want to come out and we can go shoot some birds together. Season start in Sept but can be extremely dry and hot.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the hunting like in the first week of October? (Montana that is)

My wife and I are driving to South Dakota to visit her brother. I'm bringing my 2 English Pointers. She has given me the OK to do some bird hunting. I think we will be a bit early for the SD season. Huns are high on my last of birds to hunt.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should be good as Pheasant opens the 12th of Oct. Much of the Fall season depends on what happens out here this Spring and Summer due to the drought and fires that usally happen around that time.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote