THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Duck hunt with Argentina Outfitters

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duck hunt with Argentina Outfitters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My apologies for being so late with this. We got back about a month ago from a 5 day duck hunt with Argentina Outfitters. This was our forth year in a row with them. Once again, it was fantastic. I personally took about 500 ducks. There were 11 different species of ducks.

I didn't duck hunt on 2 afternoons. One of those afternoons, they took me and my son to their new dove property. I shot 1,230 in less than 3 hours! Amazing is all I can say.

Everything was perfect. I am headed back next year.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Reiter
posted Hide Post
Not a single picture ??

hillbilly

Cheers !

Posts: 130 | Location: South America | Registered: 26 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have plenty but do not know how to post them.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Reiter
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Take a look at :

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/951100671/p/1

Or, if you want to, e-mail them to me and I´ll be glad to post here.

Posts: 130 | Location: South America | Registered: 26 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Reiter
posted Hide Post
Posting for Larry :

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Did you have any thrash getting guns into Argentina?

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
None at all. Go to the RENAR office in the airport to get the permit. There is a small fee per gun. I don't recall the exact amount.

one of us
posted Hide Post
LarryShores,

Congrats on a great trip!

I have been to Argentina to hunt doves and ducks (and Perdiz) several times. Because of my stories and photos, my son is just itching to go but is too young yet. How old was your son when he started going?

How old would you think is old enough?

Thanks for your insight and help with this,

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My youngest son was almost 14 on his first trip to Argentina. He had been on a number of other trip around the world. He killed a lion at age 12.

The Argentina trips are not too physically demanding. As long as they have the interest and are safe with the guns, I would not hesitate to take a 12 year old.

Lots of action in Argentina. They won't get bored easily.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry this looks like the trip for me and my buddies could you PM me contact info please? Best time to go-I am a Canadian outfitter so Sept 1-Nov 10 is out for me.

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations for a great expedition ,nice photos ,duck hunting is one of my favourite sports and i always hunt with my 12 years old son,and when im with clients with my 3 labs -see dog forum-its a pitty that i train them to retieve the ducks of sometimes 20 hunters at one time so now its very difficult to mantain them quiet.
Did you killed some CRESTONES the black duck with a red crest over the bill .juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't recall any Crestones.

one of us
posted Hide Post
LarryShores,

Thanks for your input.

I wonder if crestones aren't Rosy billed Pochards?

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wondered the same thing myself.

We shot a few rosy bills. The water was low and most of them were elsewhere. We hammered lots of them when the water conditions were right in other years.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yes crestones are Rosy billed Porchards ,they fly very fast ,they are big,and their meat is great ,but they like only clean water ,thats why never has the taste of mud of other ducks like the SIRIRI .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
These are CRESTONES .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Some duks with 2 clients from Italy.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is them for sure. The locals where we hunted called them "picasso".

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I shot some of those while in Argentina too. They seemed to be far more wary than the yellow billed ducks and flew much higher too.

Thanks for posting the photo's that looks like an awesome hunt.

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have the web site for argentina outfitters?

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent