THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Re: whats the coolest name for a female black lab?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: whats the coolest name for a female black lab?
 Login/Join

posted
I had same issue with mine. She was a strong willed, crafty one from the start.(seems to have gotten a little bit silly with age though!)

Most logical choice was Raven, although it seemed a little "out there",went with it. Figured that as she was my first working dog we would be discovering a lot about the world and ourselves together, and in Norse mythology the ravens Hugin and Munin sat on the god Odin's shoulders, and told him the news of the world.

While I'm no Odin , to this day(going on 8 years later)I can't look in her eyes and imagine her being anything else. Was right about discovering a lot of stuff together too.

Tried to come up with a variation of Hunin or Munin, no go.

Shade was a close second.

Congrats on your new freind and good luck on your decision.

Mark

Posts: 14 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 20 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I named my male yellow lab "Dually". He was a little chunk as a puppy. Now he's long and lankey like a teenager. Go figure!?

Posts: 521 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Chick"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Raven. Godsdog

posted Hide Post
Well...my last Lab 3 bitches have been Brandy Duckfinder (Brandy), Dancer, and my new little pup, Sparky. The English Setter bitch is Stormy.

I think it's best, for a good handling dog/bitch, to keep the name to one or two syllables, easy to say, and nothing that rhymes with "No", "Sit", "Back", "Stay", "Over", "Fetch", or "Here".

My dogs are always trained with their name being used as the que to the command so when there's more than one dog close by, they know who's getting the command.

Here's Brandy

http://community.webshots.com/photo/14919491/69599026ezjCBE

and Dancer

http://community.webshots.com/photo/14919491/14920041GKMUkjyhZL

in action.

Posts: 10 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon, U.S.A. | Registered: 20 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
I know a guy with a black lab bitch and he calls her "Oprah" (his second choice was was "Whoopi")

Yes, he is rather politically incorrect...

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote