THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    South African Birds - Part 2 - Kori Bustard

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South African Birds - Part 2 - Kori Bustard
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
KORI BUSTARD

These are one of the heaviest flying birds in the world and they can touch the scale upto 38 poounds. Sorry for the grainy pics, I took these pics very early in the morning and the light was horrible. I had tried taking pics of these birds in the past but they get spooked easily and take off before you can get to 300 yards of them.

Here is the male...he was much bigger than the female.

Those tracks are made by a full size vehicle...this bird was just huuuuge with a big wingspan.

Only got one pic of the female before she disappeared.

Here is another Kori Bustard that took off straight into the sun in the evening. I will never forget the sound of his wing beats.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote