THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Ah, hunting in the frozen stuff

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ah, hunting in the frozen stuff
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
That's a '67 Herters rig. Yeah, it's old and a tiny bit leaky, but some of us like 'em that way: well broken in, that is! wave

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Hello KG

Well done. I shivered when I saw those mallards.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Mallards and black duck, actually. Don't worry about them Aziz, as they like the cold. Smiler

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's such mild weather compared to the blizzard last winter !!A strange fellow indeed. Roll EyesThey'll taste better though .

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
That's such mild weather compared to the blizzard last winter !!A strange fellow indeed. Roll EyesThey'll taste better though .

Well, yeah. Like these from yesterday, it'll be easy to make them taste great in a duck dish. The tricky part is trying to figure out which week they'll finally thaw. It was a bit nippy out there... Smiler

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the inspiring pictures - great memories for you as long as you keep surviving - and that may not be very long in your case.

But... from the video clip, I would be worrying that the shotgun is going to bounce out of that jon boat. A string around the pistol grip or a floating gun case might save the day.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I'll survive, Palmer. Did come across this on our way out the other day, though. So scary! Wink

It was worth it. And not even close to being death defying, I assure you. Hey, the sign said nothing about goose hunting... We follow the letter of the law around here!

KG