Notify
Tools

193.6 miles...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
*Another c&p report from another site*

Is all that stood between me this morning and a date with a few hundred Atlantic brant. To me they are a regal and noble looking fellow, reminiding me of wee feathered and soft-spoken tuxedo-wearers. Cape Cod bay is just gorgeous in winter--and with no tourists so much the better--but then so is it during all other seasons.

I'm hanging up the waders for the season, though seaducks and brant are open until this Saturday. It's time for me to give them, and me, a rest anyway. If there are waterfowlers here who have not had the pleasure of watching a large flock of these diminutive ocean going geese, put it on the list.

Cheers,

L

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leighton, you are hard core!

Very nice pictures. Does your tag get you a lot of friends with all of the conservatives living in MA? Smiler. I liked it.

Posts: 11978 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Thanks, but it's my buddy's tag, actually. I'm not that brave. Wink But to be serious for a second, I do know others who have had vehicles/trailers vandalised by PETApunk types while they were at sea, so I choose not to overtly advertise on my vehicle that I'm a hunter. Sad, but here in the PDRM, it's in some places inviting trouble and expense. Just ONCE though I'd like to see one of the vandals get caught in the act, and strung up by their nuggets on a yardarm as a warning to others. But I'm not vicious; I'd let him down after a weekend or so...

Thanks for the comments, bud.
Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Super pics L,

Thanks for sharing....love them Ocean Geese.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote