Find
Notify
Tools

Whitewing dove racket
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Boy, we sure have a lot of these birds here in the Tularosa Basin. They infest every tree in the neighborhood, and just as soon as the sun even thinks about rising, they start their back-and-forth, non-stop calling. I may have to hunt some this fall just for revenge.
Don't get me wrong -- I like bird calls as much as the next fella, but in some degree of moderation.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
They can be damn irritating.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's why they make accurate pellet rifles.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Charlie, I sold my darned Weihrauch HW97 prior to moving here. Regret it.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dunno, waking up to Dove cooing on a cool spring morning is a beautiful sound, beats hip hop all to hell..A coyote yelping at night, elk bugling, my favorite music..never tire of it. BTW I hate roosters! wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote