Find
Notify
Tools

baikal MP153
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of stag wolf
posted
Love them or hate them they work. i love mine this guy is trying to kill his but cant do it .
http://www.svmag.com/test_baikal.wmv

Posts: 67 | Location: outside | Registered: 19 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HUNTS
posted Hide Post
stag wolf,

I have two 12g Baikal SXS. They have perfromed flawlessly for years. Never tried their semi-auto. I didn't know that Baikal still produced guns under their own name since the agreement with Remington. Is this true?

Great video BTW!

Posts: 161 | Location: Bozeman, Montana | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They will continue to manufacture their own guns also. It's mad here in the UK; you can pick up the remington spartan range or the baikal which is right next to it on the rack. Both guns are identical but the difference in price can be substantial.

Remington will not be selling many budget guns in the UK for the forseable future.

Posts: 157 | Location: Scotland at the mo. | Registered: 27 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On top of Remington now offering their "Spartan" line, it seems the quality control has gone down. I own, and shoot, the Baikal O/U in 12 gauge. Had it for about six years. Friend of mine was impressed with it, and bought the Spartan. Broke first time out. Remington balked at repairing it. Don't know if I would buy one if it had Spartan on it now.

Just my opinion and observation...

Posts: 64 | Location: Shreveport, LA | Registered: 06 May 2006Reply With Quote