New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sea Duck Hunting Trip
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Going out for my first sea duck hunting trip this friday. I am a hunter from OK and most recently from MO and am excited to shoot something other than mallards, teal and ring necks. I am hunting out of Oregon Inlet in NC. I will give a full report with pics (if I can figure that out) when I return. Any suggestions from the group. I am hoping to bring home one or two to mount.

+ 150 Posts - Lost password in last switchover

Posts: 42 | Location: KCMO - But always an Okie | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
So, how'd it go? I would have had plenty of suggestions for you, but saw your post after you had left. Let me guess: you had a ball? Wink

Hope you brought a *lot* of shells, and in size 2 or better. Big seaducks like eider take a whole lot of killing.

A couple pics attached, if I can figure this out.

Edited to admit absolute failure in my lame attempt to post pics. Oh well. Smiler

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I was a little early but still had a ball. We shot a lot of buffle heads, 1 hen scotter, and a drake black duck. We could have limited out on buffle heads but I quit shooting hens. Man they are fast. Can't wait to give it a try when I have a better chance at shooting more sea ducks. The black duck was a nice bonus as I had never shot one before.

+ 150 Posts - Lost password in last switchover

Posts: 42 | Location: KCMO - But always an Okie | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With Quote