THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Argentina Dove Shoot To Share

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina Dove Shoot To Share
 Login/Join

posted
Hello! I'm new on the forum. I have a discounted Argentina Hunt to share. I'm going down with my father. I need at least 2 more hunters to make the minimum group size. It is a 5 day, 8 hunt trip with Pointers Wingshooting. The trip is $1610 per person and that includes EVERYTHING but airfare,tips & shells. If you bring your own shotgun it's $1350. Contact me if you're interested.

Thanks

kent.clouse@hotmail.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the cost for shells now? I was there in 2007 and my shell bill was more than the hunt. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
You are correct. Shells are expensive. Shells are about $14 a box. Many people do spend a great deal on shells. Remember this, you are on total control of your shell bill.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The trip was definitely worth what it cost. The dove shooting was great, and so was the food. Argentina is the only place I have been where the beef is as good as Kansas beef. The people are also really nice.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, shells are $13-14 a box and you are in control of this variable cost.

Although I’ve never been with Pointer, I can’t say anything bad about them. They are out of the same villa as my company, Totoral which is 80km north of Cordoba. They operate out of a lodge called La Loma. It’s an ex president’s summer retreat.

Yes, the beef is incredible. The Malbec wonderful. The Quilmes refreshing.

This offer is quite competitive. Good luck.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
You might also post in the classifieds here as I think it’s with the rules.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Prospective date?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I've known Pablo Aguilo, owner of Pointer Wingshooting for nearly 15 years and have hunted and fished with him quite a bit in Argentina. He runs an excellent outfit and anyone who takes up this offer will have a fantastic time. As noted previously, shells are $14 a box. Accommodations and service, at La Loma particularly, are on par or better than what other outfits charge a multiple of what Pablo charges.

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
FWIW, I've known Pablo Aguilo, owner of Pointer Wingshooting for nearly 15 years and have hunted and fished with him quite a bit in Argentina. He runs an excellent outfit and anyone who takes up this offer will have a fantastic time. As noted previously, shells are $14 a box. Accommodations and service, at La Loma particularly, are on par or better than what other outfits charge a multiple of what Pablo charges.

That echos what I’ve heard about Pablo.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

posted Hide Post
I need to use the certificate by Sept. 30th. I like the shooting in September. I am open to discussion.

Thanks

Kc

One of Us
Picture of Open Carry
posted Hide Post
Is this an auction hunt?

Posts: 55 | Location: Easton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 28 November 2016Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It was. My usual group can not go. I have two people committed. I need two more to make the minimum group size.KC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been going to Argentina for the last 7 years now. Have not hunted with Pointer but I have found them to be highly regarded in my research. I have visited this lodge. This is a very good price point for a very nice property.

I am wheels up for a lodge in Entre Rios next Monday, or I would be calling the Capt'n.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote