THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    More "out of hand" crane whackin

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More "out of hand" crane whackin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OB and I loaded up my Rhino early this morning with decoys and headed to his neighbors across the road about a mile. We set up near the fence row with the deeks on the west side (facing). We used the weeds for our hides. I fired 4 shots in less than an hour and had my limit. It took OB a few more shells through his 870. The 3" shells are kind of working on his shoulder. I lent him my M2 for a while. He now has a Perazzi trap gun for sale so he can get an M2. clap
Oh, Kamo Gari,,, it was 70 degrees when I finished up.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool. Hows the eatin?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 895 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
My son regularly kills cranes here in Alaska with his Benelli 20 ga

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's pretty good Storms.

I've thought about using my M2 20ga for grins. Then OB and both whacked a big crane coming in on the deeks with our 3" 12ga's. I think he was wearing kevlar. I wouldn't have thought a bird could take a hit like that and fly. He took 3 !!! Saw him go down over a mile away. We never did recover that bird and I hate loosing birds and feeding coyotes.
By the time the birds get down this way I think they toughen up some. You can sure tell the ones that have been hunted.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got my nephew an M2 left hand for Christmas. I'm an A5 guy but I really like the M2's . I tried the M2's at Cabela's when I bought my nephew his.
Now all he has to do is wait about 8 years (He's seven).

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote