New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goulds Turkey Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone recommend an outfitter in the states for a Goulds Turkey hunt ?

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Draw the tag first here in AZ, twill, and I'll take you for nothing. They are by far the easiest turkeys to hunt in the world. I know most all the units here in southern AZ really well and know where they are in almost all the units that have tags available.
Tags are damn hard to draw, though.

If I was looking to go to Sonora, Mex for the hunt, I'd go with my bud Jay Scott. He has some PHENOMENAL ranches leased down there. LOADED with birds. He runs like a 140% success rate (most guys take 2 birds).

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some friends of mine just went in Mexico. They had a great time and a great hunt. I will find out the name of the outfitter.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add that another option for a Goulds hunt in the Sates would be to purchase the Gov tag for here in AZ. My chapter of SCI has auctioned that tag at our dinner for the last few years.
With it, you can hunt a Goulds in any unit for 365 days.
Last year, it went for 3K, IIRC.

We'll be auctioning it again on Jun 8th (along with the Gov Coues and Javie as well).

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
We do Gould's Turkey hunt in Mexico if you are interested. For 2014 you should be booking right about now. Feel free to email us at info@EliteHuntingUSA.com please include your name and phone number.

If you insist on shooting them in States then the state of New Mexico is a great option. They are only available in the very South of NM in a rather small area.

We had another banner year for Ocellated Turkey in Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico with 100% success. I will post pics in a separate thread.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote