Find
Notify
Tools

Colors of Fall
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted
Well today I let the temps warm a bit before going hunting. Left house at 1pm as my cleaning lady was also a bit late for arrival.
Yesterday Rush got me three roosters

so I jumped Shredder out of the box and headed across the field. In a mile I had three shots and as many birds in the bag.

I love my old Charles Daly 16ga. A hundred and three years old still putting birds down.

Took a few photos then started for the truck. Came across this old dinosaur from the past.

Then almost to the truck I spotted this. It had been there for some time. I like stuff like this so saved it in a photo.

Alkali was crusted on it. Someday it will be a fossil. Pretty cool!

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 865 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of all the German Guns the Lindner Daly's are my favorites..

Posts: 1625 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pics and I have to admit to feeling a tad envious. But I am off to Kansas on Monday and hope to connect with cold, clear weather and a whitetail... and maybe a rooster or two.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote