Find
Notify
Tools

Goose Decoy Costume
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted
Does anyone make a Canada goose costume that can be worn while hunting them ?

Seems like that would be a blind in and of itself.

And maybe a costume for the dogs as well, maybe with flapping wings.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There used to be a company that made em about 10 yrs ago.I dont remember where I saw the ad.I guess they didnt sell too good.Never saw the ad again

Posts: 66 | Location: manchester md | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They used to sell rubber chicken suits in sex shops although I canj't imagine why. It may be that you could modify a rubber chicken suit so as the geese wouldn't notice.

Posts: 1116 | Location: asted@freenet.de | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted Gorsline:

Why do I get the funny feeling that some Gorsline commentary lurks behind that post of yours? (I am leaving aside your apparent innocence as to the sexual uses of rubber chicken suits) Smiler (In my misspent youth in NY we would crouch in the brush near the Hudson river and suddenly jump up and shoot at geese flying down the river - geese with a full head of steam on and flying low. It may be an old man's memory failing him but I could swear that some of those birds hit the water so hard that they skipped along the surface! Smiler Camo? We certainly didn't wear hunter orange (it was practically unknown in those days) and wore what would keep us warm for crouching like statues for hours before daylight. { We knew the geese sat for the night in coves farther upriver and always moved at daylight downriver} Dropped birds were retrieved by rowing out to get them.

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear gerryS375,
One never thinks of hunting in association with New York but one usually thinks of the city. I was suprised to learn that when George Haas, a senior editor at Outdoor Life Magazine, died, his wife took his ashes and put them someplace in a river or marsh right in the city where he used to go fishing as a boy.

Camou is after my time as well.

VBR,

Ted Gorsline

Posts: 1116 | Location: asted@freenet.de | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote