Find
Notify
Tools

28 gauge hunting loads
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of byf42
posted
recently picked up a remington 1100 28 gauge. would like to know what loads you guys use for hunting pheasants, upland birds, etc. thanks

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.bandpusa.com/Shopping/index.php?cPath=1_2_4 These were once available in larger shot sizes, including US#7 and US#6.5 (Italian #6). In #7.5 they would be my first choice for all but phez. Out to 25 to 30 yds I'd use them on phez, too.

Sam

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Dad was in an accident and unable to shoot his Rem 1100 12 gauge without pain. I happened on a Rem 1100 28 ga and bought it because I always wanted one. After I got it home I realized what it could do for my Dad. I took him out to shoot it and no pain. I gave it to him that Christmas and he has enjoyed that gun for the past 5 years. I guess I am saying you have a great gun. If you see another let me know Wink.

We use Fedral Premium #6s for all upland birds. Turkeys, doves, pheasants, chuckar, quail, etc. For waterfowl we use some Bismuth, which I can't find anymore.?.

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting Rio 1 ounce loads of 7.5 shot.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote