New
Find
Notify
Tools

taking shotguns to Argentina
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Planning our next trip to Argentina for 2019. This will be over ten trips for us. We shoot 28 gauge Brownings and always take our own guns. We will not EVER go to/through BA again after a trip last November. Went to Tucuman this year-came back through Santiago (against our travel agent's advice) but we were proactive and asked the LATAM agent if they wanted to check our guns and they said yes, but it only took a few minutes. All they did was compare our serial numbers to our Argentina paperwork and everything was fine. We will be traveling from San Antonio, connect in either Dallas or Miami (most likely Dallas), then on to Santiago, then to Mendoza. We may have a choice on the US-Santiago leg between AA and LATAM. My specific question is: has anyone experienced a difference in Santiago between LATAM and AA?

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 482 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Out of DFW, it’s likely going to be AA. Out of Miami, I’ve had both AA and LATAM. I’ve found the long haul service on LAN/LATAM to be better.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Always avoid AA if possible, especially thru MIA.MIA is a third world country.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last trip to Uruaguay we started in MSP and checked our guns thru to Montevideao. Went direct, bypassed BA and it was smooth, not a problem. I would avoid BA at all cost.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I have been to Argentina many times with Córdoba as my final destination. Most of the trips have been DFW-SCL-COR (AA and LATAM on the South American part). However, DFW-MIA-SCL-COR might be second (AA and LATAM with a coin flip leaving MIA). DFW-ATL-EZE-COR might be third (Delta and Aerolíneas). Once I even arrived and left through APQ (the local BsAs airport). I’ve even connected in Lima and Bogota. Price has dictated my routes as I go as many as 4-5 times a year.

My next trip may be Houston Bush (HIA?) to Panama City to COR vía Copa, but will hopefully spend a few days in PC with buddies there or even fishing.

I know you’re headed to Mendoza, but some of those connections might get you there. I know SCL for sure. Good luck and good hunting.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote