THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Successful duck hunt Patuxent River, MD

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Successful duck hunt Patuxent River, MD
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents, a bud of mine and I had some success this past Monday on quackers in the Patuxent River in southern MD. We were in a spot just south of where the Route 4 bridge crosses the river. Combined we got 3 mallard hens and 2 drakes. The drake I shot had the two curled up tail feathers, and he looks like he will be a nice bird to mount. Our bind and decoy setup had them completely fooled, and we had no trouble calling others in after initial shots had been fired. We even had some mergansers hanging around not 2 minutes after taking the mallards. All in all we had 3 groups of mallards come in, bagged 2 out of the first and second groups, and one out of the third. My bud's shaker feeding call turned around one group after they passed us by. Got some good pictures too, will see if I can post some on imagestation and then add the link here...

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote