THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Pheasant hunt in North Dakota -recommendation?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pheasant hunt in North Dakota -recommendation?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi everyone,

I am trying to plan a hunt in NoDak next fall. I have been there many times, but have always done the PLOTS lands thing on my own.

However, my dad, who is 75, wants to go next fall. So, I am trying to find an operation that provides a place to stay and at least a few thousand acres to run the dogs around on.

Most of the places that advertise are set up for big groups that want to do drives and have the fancy lodge and dinners. We are primarily interested in watching the dogs work wild pheasants- he just can't put in the miles I do on the PLOTS lands.

So, if anyone knows of such a place I would really appreciate hearing about it.

thanks,
Doug

ps- I know about the Cannonball Company- already full for when we would like to go, plus pretty spendy.

Posts: 85 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 03 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I've been hunting in the New England area for quite some time. Just wanted to let you know that this year was a down year for pheasants. We got our birds most days, but really had to work for them and walked alot of miles.

Fish and Game was on TV the Friday before opening day forecasting the lowest harvest in 20 years. A very cold and wet spring/summer put a real hurting on the pheasant population. Let's hope for better weather next year.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2329 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Call Maynard Blohm of Beulah. 701-873-5580 or 701-873-4399. I don't think he provides a place to stay but his farm is only about 15 miles south of Beulah. We had good success there this fall and I did not notice a drop in the population from previous years. The Americinn in Beulah allows dogs.

Posts: 14 | Location: ND | Registered: 21 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

I know this year was pretty tough, hoping for better next year.

Posts: 85 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 03 June 2002Reply With Quote