Find
Notify
Tools

First bird of 2009
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
It was brutal out there today, but a fun morning nonetheless. Only lasted about 40 minutes, as we saw we were about to get locked in by the ice coming downriver (not to mention that my partner's gun had frozen and would not cycle). Managed a duck before bailing, so that was nice. It warmed up to 3F by the time we called it a morning. With the winds blowing to 35, the radio had the wind chill at 30 below. All I know is that there are birds still around, and that's enough for me. Some call us crazy. I call us dedicated. And maybe just a tiny bit soft. Wink

Happy New Year, all.

KG

Dropped my glove at some point out there. Grabbed it up, and it had gone rather stiff.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
You guys are dedicated! Great photo essay.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's hardcore and there's one step beyond and I think you're at least one step past that point. My hat's off to you.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Oh the romance of duck hunting. Gotta love it!
Nice photos.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brrrrrrrr, I'll stick to my southern 80 degree crane hunting. On a bad day here it may be 30.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Taking my 5yr old duck hunting tomorrow, high is forecasted at 81.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. We do it for the love of it. Obviously. Smiler

81F? For ducks? Sheeit. Can't even wrap my head around that. If it's in the 40s I'm uncomfortably warm. 20s is around perfect, with some ice but no freeze up. But then you know aht they say about variety!

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote