THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Best Bird Dog/ Bird Hunting Magazine?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Bird Dog/ Bird Hunting Magazine?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted
I posted a similar thread in the "Dogs" forum, but since a bunch of ya'll don't post in there, thought it a good idea to post the question here as well. I'm looking for a Christmas gift for my father in law and was thinking of a bird dog/ upland bird hunting magazine subscription. He primarily has hunted quail, beginning with flushers, and now with me and my pointing dogs. He's the type who would happily just walk along to watch the dogs work, and not care about killing anything or not. Neither of us give a rip about field trials (no offense intended to those who do), so I'd prefer something aimed at guys who simply hunt and enjoy the dogs working. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Pointing Dog Journal is a good periodicle.

Posts: 27 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pointing Dog Journal and Gun Dog Mag.

Jim Koustas

Niassaland Safaris
Hunt Logic
www.huntlogic.com

E-mail:jim@huntlogic.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I am partial to Shooting Sportsman.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus 3 on PDJ.
Shooting Sportsman is also one of my favorites.
Retriever Journal is top notch also, put out by the same people as PDJ so some articles are overlapped.

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
+1 for Shooting Sportsman Magazine

http://www.shootingsportsman.com/

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Food for thought guys. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Daniel,

No help on the magazine, but it is good to see you posting again.