THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Suggestions for a place to hunt pheasants

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for a place to hunt pheasants
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
I'm looking for a place to hunt pheasants (strickly wild birds). I'm flexible on location: Iowa, Kansas, N. Dakota would all be fine. What I'm looking for is just a place to stay and ground to hunt. Don't need anything fancy, just a warm place to crash at the end of the day for me and my four legged hunting buddy. I don't need or want a guide service since I have my own dog and know how to hunt pheasants. Anyone have any suggestions for a place that they would be willing to share? A bed adn breakfast kind of place would be great if they have hunting land available.

Thanks

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2314 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a google search with the input being

pheasants iowa or pheasants kansas etc

you will get a lot of hits showing a large vareity of opportunties from simple offers to hunt on their land all the way up to $1,000 a day.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Google suggestion. I've done that, but was hoping for some suggestions from folks who have had first hand experience with someone.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2314 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Tom,

I have a good friend in Kansas that might be able to help you. He lives and breathes birds. I will PM you with his email info.

~Ann

Posts: 19225 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ann. I received your note and send your friend an e-mail.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
labman, try this link. It is in South Dakota. I noticed you did not mention that state, a bit surprising since you are after pheasants.

South Dakota Self-Guided Hunts

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello Tom !

If you are interessted, for 1000 Us i think you can fly to Europe and hunt with us in a group for a day ca.350-600 Pheasants.
I think you can shoot there 15-40 birds.
If you are interessted e mail me.
With best greatings Fritzijaeger

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
fritzijaeger - Thank you very much for the invite. I'm always amazed by the generosity shown by hunters on this site, but I think I'll have to pass. I just wouldn't feel right hunting pheasants without my 4 legged hunting partner and the logistics (if it's even possible) of taking a dog to Europe would be just too much. Does sound like a blast though.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member