THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    North Dakota Pheasants and Geese

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Dakota Pheasants and Geese
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
The dog and I got down to see my friend Joe and do some hunting with him around his home in North Dakota. We were there for the big blizzard that blew thru the middle of December. Temps dipped to -25 and the windchill took it to -40. The pheasant hunting was excellent!

Early in the week Joe insisted we chase the geese and I was happy he did. We decoyed in some corn fields and they were landing in the decoys. We were done with our limits by noon or so.

Later in the week the blizzard blew in and we hunted the pheasants hard. The cold really held the birds tight and my little dog got a ton of good work. I almost burned my face a couple of times in the wind but we'd get out of the blast in some cover and get our backs to it for a few minutes and warm up..............Sort of.

Flying United with the dog SUCKED! I don't know what they're thinking, but they certainly cured me of ever giving them any of my money again. For my route, Alaska Airlines flys to Denver and then I can get into North Dakota via Great Lakes Airlines.

Posts: 9250 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote