THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Which patternmaster for ducks ?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which patternmaster for ducks ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for the patternmaster for ducks in Argentina. I have heard that the patternmaster is the choke to have. The patternmaster website under FAQ implies that the short range/over decoy choke is best. Any words of wisdom from the forum?

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmm..... 24 looks and no answers? Nobody use patternmaster? D

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I have a PM and it works well for ranges inside 40 yards, and has performed as expected for me for a couple years. I will say that I normally use fairly big shot, from 2s to BB usually. YMMV.

That said, next season I'll be usung the SRM 'Terror' tubes on a couple of my scatterguns. I've only used them a bit, but like what I've seen a great deal. I know the gent who makes them, and a more serious duck hunter there never was. I trust they'll work great.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
Aren't you allowed to use lead shot in Argentina ? Because if so I wouldn't bother with a Patternmaster tube and would just use a modified for decoyed ducks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes Skinner, it is lead down there. I guess I will keep my money in my pocket for now. Thanks. D

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have tried 2 PM's one in a browning and one in a benelli and neither one of them shot big steel shot worth a shit but did shoot larger lead shot 4's and 5's pretty good.

Big-un

Posts: 81 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote