THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    BERETTA A400 EXTREME ANY COMPLAINT

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BERETTA A400 EXTREME ANY COMPLAINT
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
We have several berettas a400 some of them with over 200.000 shells fired not an issue yet ,but several outfitters have had permanently jams and one or 2 broken totally destroyed the aluminiun case .Im worried because we have 14 of these and is my son personnal shotgun .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're own post said it very well - over 200,000 rounds through and still functioning. That's a testimony in and of itself.

Guns are just like any other manufactured item. Once in a while, one is just crappy and breaks. But with Berettas, that number is very small compared to many other manufacturers. Mine is a superb weapon, and I highly recommend them to anyone who asks.

The way you're using them in high volume shooting in Argentina is probably the most intense use of any shotgun in the world. Even Olympic shooters put less shells through their guns than a busy dove operation.

At some point, an A400 will fail. I believe that point is much further off than with most other makes of semi-auto shotguns. Very, very few shotguns will hold up to 1000 rounds a day for years and years. but the a400 has a better chance than most.

Posts: 111 | Location: Llano Estacado | Registered: 12 January 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are some people that just seem much harder on any type of equipment than other people. If you are getting that much use out of your Berettas I wouldn't worry about it.

There's a lot of folks out there that seem to break everything they touch. I just picked up a 3901 and hope I have good luck with it.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yes im very happy with mines ,but now there are several 20 gauges a400 broken -i have the photos -another outfitters told me the problem is with the buffer in the back of the bolt .There isnt any 12 gauge broken yet ,we have several a390s and never have a complain.We have had some issues with a 391s.I hope its only a rare case ill mantain you informed as we have 14 a400 20 gauge in a commercial dove shooting lodge .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd probably hazard a guess that anything they build in an autoloader these days, that makes 100,000 rds, has given you your money's worth and then some. Most likely 95% of them will never crack the 20,000 round mark, and likely half of the 5% wouldn't crack the 50,000 rd mark. Guys like Tom Knapp had some major repairs along the way to his 300,000 mark on the SBE as well.

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
209, you are probably right.

I just picked up my Benelli Super Black Eagle II. I recon I shot it 10,000 times. The guys at the gun shop thought I needed all the springs replaced as it was starting to show some wear. I laughed like hell as I recon my Cordoba has been shot 60,000 - 80,000 times.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
209, you are probably right.

I just picked up my Benelli Super Black Eagle II. I recon I shot it 10,000 times. The guys at the gun shop thought I needed all the springs replaced as it was starting to show some wear. I laughed like hell as I recon my Cordoba has been shot 60,000 - 80,000 times.

Larry - I am surprised your hearing is still good and you have no shoulder issues from the amount of shooting you do.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do have tinnitus in my left ear. I am not sure if it is from shooting or being married. rotflmo

I have no shoulder problems related to shooting. I have hurt them both exercising but nothing from shooting.

For me, it is fairly easy to run up big numbers in terms of shots fired. When I go to Argentina to hunt ducks, I fire 200 shells a day for 6 days. For doves, I fire 2000-3000 shots per day. Make those trips 12-15 times and a large volume of shells are shot.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do have tinnitus in my left ear. I am not sure if it is from shooting or being married. rotflmo

I have no shoulder problems related to shooting. I have hurt them both exercising but nothing from shooting.

For me, it is fairly easy to run up big numbers in terms of shots fired. When I go to Argentina to hunt ducks, I fire 200 shells a day for 6 days. For doves, I fire 2000-3000 shots per day. Make those trips 12-15 times and a large volume of shells are shot.

I get bored after I shoot 100 rounds with a shotgun but it is because I suck. I would go to Argentina to eat steak and shoot a 4 boxes a day - probably kill 5 doves.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
probably kill 5 doves.

You'd need more than 5 boxes of shells :-)

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Some more 20 gauge broken ,we are worried most of them under 20000 shells this isnt a lot for n outfitter .We are speaking about beretta a400explore ultraligth .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
probably kill 5 doves.

I keep telling Larry Shores I am terrible with a shotgun - my only saving grace is I am not as bad with a shotgun as Biebs is with a rifle Cool

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In your dreams, Gunga Din! :-)

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You two make me laugh like crazy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
probably kill 5 doves.

Not if one shoots them out of trees.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
probably kill 5 doves.

Not if one shoots them out of trees.

Now that is an idea.

Biebs my 50 yard shotgun patterns on the worst of days is your MOA with your fancy blaser on the best of days dancing

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike:

I heard some guy was at the local gun show over the weekend. Someone broke into his car. There were 6 guns. They stole 5. The left the Blaser ...... and a sympathy note.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike:

I heard some guy was at the local gun show over the weekend. Someone broke into his car. There were 6 guns. They stole 5. The left the Blaser ...... and a sympathy note.

Funny and Sad at the same time.

Since it was my car they broke it. I had the guns in a yeti cooler (dry cooler) in the trunk. No one ever thinks of storing gun in a cooler so no one looks there.

These savages are illiterate - I doubt they could write a note.

They may leave the blaser behind just cause they would not know what to make of it popcorn

They did leave behind a $2K minox binos to take a $50 at best first generation ipad.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
You really use shotguns on little bitty birds like doves. fishing

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote