New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina Duck/Goose....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for an outfitter for this June. Any recommendations from people that have been?

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm going with luis sier this spring - deluxe type of hunt - you can go duck hunting in the morning and fish for dorado in the afternoon

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We hunt in the parana river area 5 star lodging you can hunt in the rice fields whithout limits and then fish dorado nobody can compete with my prices .If you prefer you can hunt in my farm in Choele Choel area .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give Doug Larsen a call or email, I have booked hunts through him for years. Hunting doves and ducks with him again this June.

Doug Larsen
Nervous Waters/David Denies U.S.A.
605 Beaver Street, Suite 103
Sewickley, PA 15143
412-741-6710
Toll Free--877-637-8420 (877-NERV-H2O)
Toll Free--866-333-6437 (866-DDENIES)
fax-412-741-6718
http://www.nervouswaters.com
http://www.daviddenies.com

Posts: 76 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brant can you provide more information? His web site, although technically great, does not provide that much information.

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
David Denies Wingshooting has a great estancia in Buenos Aires Province, called Jacana Lodge. I believe this is their 3rd season. The region is basically a duck hunter's paradise - tons of marsh and small lakes, with very limited local hunting. I've shot 12 or 13 different species of ducks in this area, with great and consistent volume. Like most of the Argentine hunting operations, the food is some of the best you'll ever have, and it's pretty luxurious.

Their dove lodge in Cordoba (Pica Zuro) has been in operation years, and this year they are opening a new lodge - a smaller one, sounds like it would be good for a group of 6-10 hunters. As far as dove volume goes, I doubt there is much difference between most of the lodges in Cordoba - all should have more doves than you'll care to shoot, they certainly had more than enough for me. I usually limit myself to 20 boxes in the morning and 20 in the afternoon - plenty of shooting.

I haven't done any real goose hunting in Argentina, but obviously there is some of the best in the world down there. I am sure Doug could fill you in on it, and perhaps book it.

The biggest pleasure I've found with the David Denies lodges is how smoothly things work on a daily basis - they know what they're doing, and make sure everyone has their needs taken care of all the time. Let's face it, these trips are not cheap. David Denies' lodges are probably on the high end of the price range, but I am totally comfortable paying a bit of a premium, knowing the hunting will be well organized, safe, and a ton of fun.

Let me know if you want any more information.

Posts: 76 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With Quote