Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona Dove Hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted
Just got back from a 20 minute limit of doves, 10. It seems like the 2nd season has just gotten better the last few years. I saw flocks of over 100 birds this morning. It is great to live here in Arizona, and have that opportunity.

Merry Christmas to All

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congradulations,
Do you live there in the summer also?
Gene

Posts: 125 | Location: Altus, OK,USA | Registered: 30 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
Gene:

Yes I am a year around resident. I actually enjoy the summer heat. Its no big deal. The great thing about Arizona, we have no hurricaines, tornados, or earth quakes, and the hunting is great as well. We start our rifle shooting season, as soon as doves are over. Its too cold in most of the rest of the country, gives us lots of time to develope loads, and tune up our guns for the next season.

Jerry

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The winters were great to me but the summers were too hot. I was stationed at Luke AFB from 95 to 2000. Had a lot of fun there. Spent many hours at Ben Avery developing .270 & 30-06 loads.
Gene

Posts: 125 | Location: Altus, OK,USA | Registered: 30 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The second season here in Texas (south zone) is also very good. I personally like to hunt the area around Dilley - about an hour S of San Antonio.

Posts: 61 | Location: Houston and Seguin, Texas | Registered: 03 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now if I could just do thst with quail.
Gene