New
Find
Notify
Tools

shooter in need
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
we have fellow shooters in need. im sure our service men would apreciate some ml/ bird/loading/etc magazines also. this was posted on a double barreled shotgun list as a sidelock shooter.. hunting season is a great loss and probably cause for some depression for our troops.. dave

To my fellow BBS members,
Greetings from Baghdad, Iraq.
Things here are okay but there are no real quality hunting or shooting publications to be had. Like before when I was in Afghanistan, the availability of anything related ot guns, hunting, is not high on the PX priority list.

Therefore I again ask the assistance of my fellow BBS�rs to help fill this void so those of us sportsmen who are deployed to Iraq will not suffer too badly. I will do what I did before and spread the wealth as it comes in.

I am living on a base camp that was actually a shooting preserve for Saddam. There isn�t anything left to hunt here, besides too many soldiers. I have a CA company command and we are attached to the 1st Cavalry Division. We go out into the Baghdad city area almost everyday. There are the usual nightly mortar rounds dropping in and occasionally IEDs or VBIEDs. There was a VBIED yesterday driven by a suicide bomber that killed a young trooper on one of our gates.

If I have one message for all of you, I will say �get out and vote�. The upcoming election is important to the country, to gun owners and sportsmen. As an officer I cannot endorse a particular candidate but I can say that George W. Bush knows what kind of gun he hunts with and the other guy doesn�t.

I missed the Vintager and I am sure there were some deals to be had. Next year I will be back at it. I missed it in 2003 but caught it last year when I returned.

Anyway, hopefully this will be the last deployment. Visiting both theaters, being away form home for essentially 2 out of the last three years is wearing thin. It�s a duty and I accept it, just wish there were some others who would share it. And besides, the little woman doesn�t see the humor in any of this.

You all take care and keep the posts going. I enjoy reading them when I can.

Brian

Contributions of magazines, etc for deployed sportsmen can be mailed to me at:
Major Brian Perazone
A CO/ 414th CA BN
APO AE 093

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back a few years ago, when Hueys were young I was a Wont Officer in the 1st Cav for a time. B/1/9th Cav. I got over being a Wont, so I WILL send some stuff tomorrow. A few Gray's Sporting Journals, a Double Gun Journal and some American Riflemen. Hope it helps pass the time. Gary Owen!

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote