New
Find
Notify
Tools

beeper collars
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Maybe my setter sends off weird elect vibes but the beeper collars i've tried on him, seem to go haywire. The latest a tri-tronics, works for about 10 minutes and then no beep even though the battery is brand spanking new and when it is replaced with an even newer one, the same thing occurs.

What beepers friggin work.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you have a faulty beeper. I have a tritronics and it has been working for several years and I rarely changed the batteries. It can be turned off at the controller but I imagine you know that. I can not imagine that the dog can emit anything that will mess with the beeper.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Customstox,

I just don't get it which lked me to my comment about my alien dog. The lady at TriTronics treated me like an imbecile on the phone, saying "there is no way it will stop working after its turned on."

I'm just frustrated, this male englsih setter ranges way to far to not have a beeper on him. The woodcock are coming in, the grouse are on the upswing, and I've got to waste time going and buying another collar.

I'm off.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote