Find
Notify
Tools

Stuttgart, AR??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone been in the last week or so?
Going there on the 21st to hunt rice fields and was curious if anyone killed anything or saw any ducks when they were out there.

Thanks

----------------------------

Posts: 124 | Location: Waukeenah, Fl | Registered: 22 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just back last night, second trip this year. Hunted private timber 3 days and public timber 2 days. We limited out in public timber just south of Stuttgart yesterday morning by 8:05, 6 guys. 5 morning hunts with anywhere between 4-6 guys this year, we all killed mallard limits 3 mornings, the other 2 were good don't get me wrong (every day duck hunting is good!).

Field hunting is a little more unpredictable (here today, gone tomorrow) and I didn't hunt any fields this year. But there are plenty of birds in the area around Stuttgart and if you are hunting a good field(s) I would think you'll do well.

Posts: 123 | Location: Zionsville, IN | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Neil.
Finally got in touch with my guide and he said the moon and warm weather has got him all messed up right now. Next week no moon and cold weather... maybe it will be better!!!

Posts: 124 | Location: Waukeenah, Fl | Registered: 22 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The moon was indeed very full and very bright last week there. We saw birds leaving the rest area at the club, headed to the fields at evening/night. Usually it's the other way around.

All that said, there are plenty of birds in the area -- Hollowell rest area at Bayou Meto is holding thousands. If you've not been down there before it's worth the trip to Hollowell at dusk to see all the birds coming in - a sight to behold.

Hope you have a good hunt, who is your guide?

Posts: 123 | Location: Zionsville, IN | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His name is BJ West. He runs Quack Attack Guide Service. This will be the 5th year I have been to him.
Here is His website

Might have to go on down there one afternoon and check that out, sounds like good action for us Florida boys!! thumb

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good website, your repeat bookings must speak well for him. I'm ready to go back! At 12:40 pm Eastern here in Indiana it's -2 degrees - supposed to be 12 to 15 below tonight!

If you've never done the flooded timber down there I highly recommend it - not the variety of the fields (mainly mallards) but when it's good, it's literally unbelievable. Hundreds of mallards literally landing on top of you through the trees is something special.

If you do get to Hollowell, look off to the south a little and you'll see a lane (duck lane) with some buildings/duck camps along it. One of those belongs to my friend and that's where we stay.

Have a great trip!