New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Texas Sandhill Crane
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It has been quite a while since I have been on the site. Thought I'd post a few photos of what I've been up to lately. O'Brian and I have been pretty busy hunting sandhill cranes. We have been shooting over OB's decoys and setting up on flyways. I have limited out everday except for one. Most of my birds were taken with my Citori 525 12ga. That all changed last Saturday when I came across a new Benelli M2 12ga. I loaded it up yesterday evening with some Black Cloud #4's and set up on a favorite flyway. 1st two shots downed two high fliers. A couple of shots later I had another high flier on the ground. The pics are from Dec. 13th -21st.
Bob

M2

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done.

I have never hunted sandhill cranes, but I have eaten a few taken by my buddy. They are VERY GOOD eating.

He calls them the RIB-EYE in the SKY. Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who is your buddy???? I've heard that saying recently. OB and I usually just make jerky out of them. I plan on trying something diffrent soon. I'll let you know how it turns out after I try it.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote