New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eland Meat in The USA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Post deleted. Mistakenly placed on the wrong forum.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Exotic Meat Market buys their eland from the Niihau Ranch. The ranch has a new slaughterhouse on Kauai. I don't believe that the slaughter house is set up for individual packing and shipping. I noted that Exotic Meat Market sells two ribeye steaks for over $80. If you are willing to buy a sizable chunk of ribeye, cut, vacuum pack and freeze individual steaks plus pay the airfreight; it would be a worthwhile consideration.

Niihau Island now has a sizable eland population of over 1,500. I just retired from outfitting there for 22 years.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 622 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boltshooter:
My favorite game meat is eland. On my first South African hunt I killed an eland and enjoyed a meal of this large antelope that was better than ANY BEEF.

Has anyone in the USA purchased eland meat from an outfit called Exotic Meats? If so please give your opinion.

If you have another source in the USA for eland please give the name of the outfit (email, web site, phone #)

To each his own, but either I've never had any REALLY good eland (and I've eaten it many times) or you don't know what a good high quality beef steak tastes like. Whatever, if you're willing to pay for it, suits the hell out of me.

BTW why did you put this in the bird shooting forum?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote