THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    taking a shotgun across canadian border

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

taking a shotgun across canadian border
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
does anyone know what is required for an individual to carry a shotgun from the states into canada and do some bird hunting on his own. no guide.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google Canada customs firearm. Permit cost $50 per year.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Fairly simple. Send in your permit application prior to your trip and get the shotgun approved. Then, carry your paperwork with you when you go across the border.

If you don't, then you'll need to fill out the paperwork when you either land or hit the border crossing.

If I recall correctly, it took about 3 weeks to get my permit for my last trip up there.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you both very much. since i posted i checked the canadian site.i didnt think about a delay in getting the paper work.thank you

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Also, don't forget a 4457 form for your return back into the US.

Good luck!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That simple?
The way it should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about rifles?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are going to hunt in Canada often a Canadian firearms license is the way to go and you can register multiple guns.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks to everyone for the info.i think rifles are the same. most if not all big game hunting requires a guide.