THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    traveling with shotguns through Santiago

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

traveling with shotguns through Santiago
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone traveled through Santiago with a shotgun recently? A friend and I are planning to go to the Tucuman area in late June to hunt two different lodges for pigeons only. We had a nightmare with RENAR in BA last November and want to avoid BA at all costs. We always take our 28 gauge O/U's. Best itinerary has us returning through Santiago.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Doc,

It can change, but we had clients held up in Santiago before coming to Córdoba. They missed their connection because Chile changed the policy and made them clear there despite being in transit. That being said, our clients tore up their return tickets through Santiago and booked a King Air to take them to BsAs and then fly home avoiding Santiago. This was last May/June.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes ,
We have had many issues going through santiago with shotguns. We missed connecting flights as they wouldn't transit the firearms.
We had to overnight and they held the firearms in bond till the next flight in the morning.

And to cap it off, the same shit on the return journey!!!

Avoid Chile at all costs!

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it used to be good transiting with guns through Santiago, but I think after the USAir/AA merger LanChiles relationship with AA changed.

In the 90s we would transit through Santiago with guns, no problem, but the last 2 times we've had issues with guns in Santiago. I love Argentina, but their recent gun policies would cause me to consider other places.