THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Looking for 3 days of Geese shooting in Nov 2015 -Texas

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for 3 days of Geese shooting in Nov 2015 -Texas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm trying to find a good down to earth goose ( and duck ) outfit for 3 days of Goose shooting for Nov. 2015 in Texas

We are 3 Danes that plan on hunting in Texas, will be looking to take Aoudad, Whitetail, Javelina and predators.

Been in touch with the goose guide that the outfitter ( whom we discuss the rifle hunts ) recommended. No clue why but he had NO interest in dealing with non-US shooters.

It would be perfect if it was Snow Geese that was the main focus. We would need to hire guns to make travel easier.

Any recommendations - most appreciated.

Cheers Jan

Posts: 92 | Location: Denmark, Hill Billy Westcoast | Registered: 18 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
November is a tough time to shoot snow geese, they are mostly not down yet..

What part of the state are you going to be in, might be able to hook you up with an outfitter, or depending where you are going you might just be able to hunt with us... PM me.

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

We could time it so we are in Texas the very last part of Nov. 2015

Posts: 92 | Location: Denmark, Hill Billy Westcoast | Registered: 18 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill Sherrill in Wharton, TX
has a great operation.
Late Nov. will be fine, but I
think it's a 4 man min.
Don't know if he rents guns either
Can't hurt to contact him.

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad, I'll look him up.
If it is a 4 man minimum, then we will pay for 4 Hunters and then find a local youngster with limited access to shooting and take him / her along as our guest.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brad may:
Bill Sherrill in Wharton, TX
has a great operation.
Late Nov. will be fine, but I
think it's a 4 man min.
Don't know if he rents guns either
Can't hurt to contact him.

For some reason I just today saw your PM from august, I would also recomend bill sherill, I have hunted with him several times, weekdsys are best for snow geese since you wont have duck hunters busting as many ponds.... If you are going to wharton, Austin is only a two hour drive, and if the geese are down allready we would love to have you for a day or 2, otherwise we could shoot some ducks

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote