THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Get a load of this stain on waterfowling....

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get a load of this stain on waterfowling....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Band-mania, black hoodies, Foiles worshipers......what a jackass......he's getting killed on all Utah forums, and rightfully so.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/o...-violates-again.html

http://www.saltlakemugshots.co...ff71557a609d68370541

http://www.waterfowlchat.com/p...viewtopic.php?t=6612

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That jackass belongs in prison. Won't be able to poach anything in there. Heck, the hunter might even become the hunted shocker

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
That jackass belongs in prison.

I disagree.....he should have to work HARD on conservation projects for the next 5 years minimum.....and then be reassessed......if he trips up, then it's off to the cross-bar hotel. He doesn't look like he could pay any fine, much less a hefty one.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
All of the ads with the Rambo face paint and mean looking spirits annoy me. I don't think that is waterfowling by my way of thinking. It's odd how companies buy into thinking that those guys are their customer base. I'd never buy a box of shells with Phil Robertson's mug shot on it.

Posts: 865 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would give 30 days in jail and 200 hours of community service working on wetland restoration projects. And 5 years of suspended hunting rights in any state.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:

I disagree.....he should have to work HARD on conservation projects for the next 5 years minimum.....

The only way I would agree with that is if he was wearing orange clothes with a number on the front working on a chain gang during the day and peering out from the bars at night. But I respect your opinion on possible rehabilitation.

My biggest issue is the repeat offender. He knew exactly what he was doing was wrong and chose to do it anyway. Time to wear orange and be someone's bitch!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just in case the link doesn't work for anybody:

Convicted poacher poaches again and again and...

Illegally killed swan
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources officers, with the help of two concerned citizens, unraveled a poaching case that involved several incidents of poached small game and big game animals. The investigation led to the arrest of a Salt Lake County resident on November 13, 2011.

The subject took numerous geese throughout Salt Lake City. Armed with a shotgun, pellet gun, or a suppressed .22 caliber handgun he stalked waterfowl at parks, golf courses, and hotels. He specifically targeted waterfowl with bands or collars, which are used by biologists to better manage migratory bird populations.

Six illegally killed geese, all with leg bands, two with collars.
When officers apprehended the suspect, he was hunting with some friends on the Salt Lake Marsh on Kennecott property. He had shot six ducks and left them to waste on the marsh that day. The subject had also shot a swan, which he planned to have tagged by another hunter. To make matters worse, he was currently under a small-game hunting license suspension for shooting geese out of season in March, 2010.

The man was also in possession of 49 goose bands and 5 duck bands. These were seized as evidence along with several other neck collars at his residence.

Officers also determined that on a separate occasion, the individual had shot and killed a deer out of season while waterfowl hunting.

Poaching affects everyone in our communities. Utah citizens are robbed of viewing and legal hunting opportunities. With the active aid of individuals willing to safeguard our wildlife, poaching can be avoided. To date, officers have investigated 863 illegally killed animals — a value surpassing $637,000 — in 2011.

If you have any information that may help officers stop poaching activities, please call the Utah Turn in a Poacher Hotline (UTiP 1- 800-662-3337).

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member