THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Re: PICAZURRO PIDGEON IN ARGENTINA

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: PICAZURRO PIDGEON IN ARGENTINA
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Reiter
posted
I own a couple of pointers, 1 year age and 3 years.
I heard if you get a pointer to do retrievers work, you get an average retriever and a average pointing dog, it means, you ruin the dog. The pointer is just for pointing and retrieving the birds the he pointed.

I don�t know about this, my older pointer ocasionally hunts pigeon with me and I don�t see a problem in that.

What do u guys think about that ?

Posts: 130 | Location: South America | Registered: 26 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Own two dogs when one can do it just fine? That's the nuts! Whoever told you that has never heard of NAVHDA or German shorthairs, wirehairs, viszlas, Brittany Spaniels, Kleine Munsterlanders, etc, etc, etc. Silly damned idea, that.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
i have a lot of dogs and i use my pointers and retievers and pointers of course this not correct but they do both things in an excellent manner.juan

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote