THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Mixed results waterfowl hunt this weekend

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mixed results waterfowl hunt this weekend
 Login/Join

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
GeorgeinNePA and I just got back from another hunt for ducks and geese near Watertown,NY with guide Bill Saiff/Seaway Waterfowl Professionals. Bill is well know in the northeast for his TV shows Fishing Aboard The Rod& Reel, and also Cabin Country. Both shows air on the Outdoor Channel. Anyway, on Saturday, we hunted a farm which the previous day had several hundred ducks and geese landing on it. Well, things didn't work out too well for us. The night before, the temperature nosedived, and the winds were howling from 25-35 miles an hour out of the northwest, and not much was flying. We did manage to take 5 suicidal geese, and 5 mallards.
Sunday was quite different. It was very cold in the morning-9 degrees, but the winds had shifted to the south-south west at 5-10 mph, so we went to an island about 15 miles out in Lake Ontario and set out our spreads. The shooting was great! We had a total of 4 shooters, and bagged 1 goose, and 24 ducks of 5 species by around 10am. I've been hunting with Bill Saiff for close to 20 years now, and he really gives you his best effort. His daily rates for next year will run $225.00 per day, which includes the guide service, boats, decoys, bird cleaning, and all the good humor you can handle. If you're looking for a great duck hunt or fishing trip, look Bill up.

<GeorgeInNePa>
posted
Saturday was better than the best day of work I've ever had. [Wink] Can't wait for next year!

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
George, just a reminder:keep your head down on the stock. [Big Grin]