Find
Notify
Tools

Stoeger Shotguns Any Good?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any experience with Stoeger shotguns? www.StoegerIndustries.com

I'm thinking of getting an over/under for pheasant, and a short barrelled coach gun just for fun.

Are Stoegers reliable and durable? They seem a good value for the money.

Hunter308

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got the Stoeger Condor O/U,in 12 gauge.Kids got it for me in '03.It was only $279 at a chain sporting goods store.( I wanted the 20,but oh well...) Anyway,it was a little stiff from the start,but loosened up nicely.I don't believe you'll find a better value out there.It uses the same ckokes as the Mossberg 500,NEW style WinChoke,and Browning Invector.NOT Ivector PLUS. Got a set of all 5 chokes off eBay for $20-25.I have 4 friends with the same gun.All were favoably impressed.Two bought another after the first,so as to have 12 and 20 ga.It is also available at a higher grade (and $$$) with selective trigger,better wood,extractors,etc.The Stoeger 2000 semi-auto is also a whole lot of gun for the money ($399 in camo),but the chokes do not interchange with the O/U.Stogers are made by various manufacturers than labeled "Stoeger".Have not heard a bad word about any Stoegers. Dave

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i have a buddy that bought a stoeger s x s and had big problems with it. it kept fireing both barrels at the pull of one trigger at the same time. to the suprise of the quail and himself,what a kick! he eventualy traded it back to the shop he bought it from for an 870.that was my only experiance with a stoeger,so i would try a differant brand myself

Posts: 1 | Location: santa ynez,ca. | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would opt for the Baikal coach gun as they are built like tanks and are good value !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote