THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    rem 870 super mag vs. benelli nova 3.5

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rem 870 super mag vs. benelli nova 3.5
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
im looking for a new goose gun. I considered a 10ga but limited supply of ammo from local shops turned me away. so im stuck between a remington 870 super mag 3.5" or a benelli nova 3.5" what are yalls thoughts?

Cory

Still saving up for a .500NE double rifle(Searcy of course)

Posts: 189 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an 870 and a Super Black Eagle.I had a(perceived) problem with the 870 because the action would unlock and open when I fired a 3.5 in Black Cloud.A call to Remington assured me that it would not damage the gun,but it was disconcerting enough for me to buy the Benelli auto.The difference in felt recoil is amazing and well worth the price.The Federal Black Cloud recoil is rather stout and having the action open during recoil made a quick following shot difficult....jack

Posts: 68 | Location: Camrose Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've a Nova that I bought in 1998 or 99. It's been used as a boat paddle and wading staff. It's gone swimming probably a dozen times. Unless it get soaked, I clean it once a year. Yes, it's butt ugly but it will work everytime you go out.

Posts: 72 | Location: Annapolis MD | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote