New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upland opens in the AM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Pheasant opens in the morning here(otherwise known as WWIII)......there'll be more orange and dog hair jammed together in the stocking sites than you can shake a stick at. Usually a few good arguments to watch or get involved in as it were. Fun anyway, and after the first 2 weekends most of 'em stay home.....
dancing

Eye protection a must......hard hat and flak jacket optional. Wink

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous. Hopefully, you'll show us some gouse fans later today.

Posts: 72 | Location: Annapolis MD | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nah, no grouse seen.....and no one was shot. We did kill a pile of pheasants, however. I even, uncharacteristically, passed on several hens and runners(for posterity and safety reasons only). Wink

Tomorrow the chase for grouse begins for me, a bit further north in the state though.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed that, Norty, and thanks for the loan of that SxS. Fun morning.

I think I'll dub her ole Lucky #7. Even though it won't shuck a shell (despite my determined attempts to make it so) and I missed with the first barrel, the cock heading out dead away dropped like a stone with the second when I figured out that I just needed to slap the trigger again. Any shotty that kills a tricky bird the first time I shoot it (OK, the second works too) is welcome in the stable. I'm tired of the grimaces and scowls I get while grouse hunting with my plastic-stocked pumpgun anyway. As if! Wink

And so it begins once again. 5 days to the ducks, bro. Woo hoo!

dancing

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote