THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Primos True Double Turkey call

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primos True Double Turkey call
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just thought I'd pass this along. This is the easiest to use diaphram call I've ever used and sounds great too!! I just picked this up a couple of days ago. I don't call as much as I used to (my oldest son usually does the calling) so this is great for me and would be a good beginner call as well.

Primos True Double II
Model No. 110
piggyback stacked mouth call

Sendero300>>>===TerryP

Posts: 489 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Primos mini sonic dome double, Model 1192 at Walmart. It's easy to use, too! Basically, you blow it by forcing small amount of air against roof of mouth with toungue formed as though pronouncing the CH sound. You can go here:
www.vaturkey.com/sounds.htm

and hear different turkey sounds to practice. The call will also make a good cat meow immitation if you want to, for whatever reason, and bobwhite quail. It will also make sounds similar to rodent distress.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saved that site!! Interesting...I'll take a look at the model 1192. I like my new primos real well..more than my other calls.

We've had a fairly good hunt so far but the gobblers are henned up and it's hard to get them to come to a call or even answer a call. My son did call one off the roost last Sun. morning....finally. We also shot two other birds but mainly just ambushed them. One was an older gobbler with 1 1/2" spurs.
So far..3 gobblers, 2 rattlesnakes (I just bought a new set of snake leggings), a couple of coyotes and trapped 4 hogs.
Oh, also saw a big gobbler fly in front of a cadilac..moving about 70mph. Caved in the front windshield but no one was hurt. Had a 10" beard.

Sendero300>>>===TerryP

Posts: 489 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful, it sounds like you're having a very unique and interesting turkey season! Lucky you for having the snake leggings! Snakes are probably the biggest danger out there.

I'd like get a chance at coyotes like that, too! You're having lot of fun, keep it up.

Plinker

P.S. Our season comes in 24 April!

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote